Thursday, November 13, 2014

Letter #11

Hola everyone!
      Can you believe I've been here for a full transfer?! Crazy, feels like I got here yesterday! I figured out this morning that I will be staying in San Ysidro for the next 6 weeks so I am ecstatic about that! There are so many people that I just can't leave. 
     We have been seeing many miracles this past week and I feel so privileged and blessed to be teaching such amazing people with such strong faith. We had a lesson with Vicky and her daughter this past week on the restoration of the gospel and her daughter gave the closing prayer at the end. It was extremely short, and I couldn't understand much (spanish) but I heard her say "Jose Smith" and then we looked up and her mom was crying and said she didn't know why. Well, we know why! Because the Gospel is true! And Joseph Smith was a prophet of God! And everyone can know that through the power of the Holy Ghost and the Book of Mormon! Their family is getting baptized next month. 
     It's really miraculous to see the role that the Book of Mormon plays in all of this. We've been teaching a guy named Jovani and his brother for about a week and a half now and last week he stopped me in the middle of my sentence and just said- "Tell me what I need to do to find out this is true. What do I need to do?" We told him the three simple things- pray every day, read the Book of Mormon with a sincere heart, come to church, and just ask God. He is the source of all truth! Why would you ask anyone else? He said he would do it all and has lived true to his commitments. He read 25 pages of the Book of Mormon in just 3 days, prays every single night, and wants to be baptized this November. !!!!!!!!!!!!! 
      Those are just some of my favorite experiences from this past week. We work hard and long here. I'm usually sweaty the whole day because of the whole bike riding deal and sometimes our feet get blistered from all the walking we do as well- but we know that none of our effort is in vain and that the Lord is preparing his people! It is a blessing to be apart of this work! I love you all sooooo much and appreciate any prayers said on my behalf. Thank you all for everything you do
hasta proxima semana!
Con amor,
Hermana Clawson

No comments:

Post a Comment